Wednesday 14 November 2012

Winter warmers

As we start to enter winter I have a great urge to wrap up warm at all times, there's nothing better than snuggling up indoors with a blanket and a hot water bottle. With this rapidly changing weather my best friend, Julia, is more than feeling the cold tucked away at university in Exeter, and knowing my love for crocheting, asked me to construct a new cover for her hot water bottle. This was actually one pattern I struggled to find on Pinterest, so I decided to undertake the task of creating my own pattern, keeping it simple I went for her two chosen colours in a chunky knit and crocheted them in to blocks with a pretty edging to rim the top. Fingers crossed, that it doesn't fall apart after a week of use, but I do have some confidence in my skills (I think)! But this did start me off to thinking about making my own patterns and how one goes about it; well, my best guess is, try try and try some more. Oh and document every creation and every mishap so it doesn't happen again, we shall see how awfully this goes ;)

Julia's hot water bottle
Oh and my more important and exciting news, I am now creating with TWO hands, that's right I am no longer with sling and am going to start rehab!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment